Quorn (also known as Quorndon) is situated 3 miles South of Loughborough and 12 miles North of Leicester, in the district of Charnwood. Quorn was not mentioned in the Domesday Book, but the first documentary evidence for the Church appears in the will of Ranulph, fourth Earl of Chester who died in 1153. He gave the Church at Barrow (founded in 1138), together with its ‘chapel at Quorn’ to ‘the Abbey of St Mary in Leicester’. This means that ‘Quorn Chapel’ must have been built between 1138 and 1153. The earliest parts of the Church are the rounded Norman arch on the South door, and the nave and chancel of Mountsorrel granite.